2 January 2017

31st December 2016 (Saturday)

---






My Dear Blog,

Today is the last day of 2016. Today I would like to confess that this year those whom I have hurt intentionally or unintentionally, 99% chances are that they deserved it. And those whom I have kicked out of my life this year, I really don't want to see their bloody faces ever again in my life. They are as good as dead to me. This year those who thought that I was unintentionally avoiding them, well, they were wrong in their thoughts, I was actually intentionally avoiding them.

Last year on this day I met a friend of mine for lunch at Park Street. I took her to my favourite Dreamland restaurant. Had a lovely adda with her over lunch. After lunch we walked around Park Street hand in hand. In the evening we went to smoke hookah at Aqua Java in Wood Street. The above picture is from Aqua Java. Today she is no longer there in my life. We have drifted apart. I was missing her a bit since morning. Felt like talking to her again. Felt like talking about last year. On last year's Christmas we went to visit the Park Street Cemetery. Then we had a lovely adda at Au Bon Pain over hot coffee and pastries. Though she is still there in my Facebook friend list but I didn't send her a message in her inbox. I wanted badly to send her a message but my ego stopped me at the last minute. 

Today morning I went to my office. Had a lovely time there. In the afternoon I went to have lunch at Limelight restaurant which is near my office with a new friend. I just met her a few weeks back inside our office lift. She works in our office building but on a different floor. We actually met in a filmy style. Usually the lifts are crowded all the time. But luckily and miraculously on that moment we two were alone inside the lift. That gave me the courage to talk to her. Over the next few weeks we bumped into each other quite a few more times. We became friends and exchanged phone numbers. Today for the first time I asked her out for lunch and she agreed instantly.

Over lunch we had a lovely adda. After lunch, we went to Park Street. Walked throughout the length and breadth of Park Street. It was so crowded. But I still loved it. We drank soft-drinks there. I drank Thums Up while she drank Mountain Dew. Park Street was looking so beautiful. I bumped into few other friends in Park Street too. From Park Street my friend went back home and I went to another friend's house in Salt Lake for the 31st night party. 

My first girlfriend's house was at Salt Lake. Even today whenever I go to Salt Lake, I always think about her. I start missing her very badly. Sweet memories come flooding back to my mind. Fifteen years back when we were dating then she used to come over to my place. In the evening she used to go back home. I used to go with her. We used to take the GLS-11 bus from Deshopriyo Park. We always used to sit on the back seat and hold each other's hand. We used to cover our hands with our school bags. Unfortunately we broke up after three years of dating. It was my fault. I was weak enough to let her go and not strong enough to hold her back. It was the biggest mistake of my life. Now I am regretting it. I hope she comes back soon in my life again as a friend.


Saarey Vaadon Kaa Bharam 
Pal Mein Woh Tod Gaya
Ghum Ke Jis Mod Pe Laakey
Woh Mujhe Chhod Gaya
Main Uusi Mod Ki Dehleez Pe So Jaaonga 
Umar Bhar Uskey Liye Aajnabi Ho Jaaonga
Har Sitam Shok Se Muhjpey Dildaar Karey
Usko Haak Hai Woh Mujhey
Pyaar Karey Yaa Naa Karey
Dil Mera Tod Diya Usney
Bura Kyun Maanu...


Anyways I reached my friend's place around 8 p.m. It was a lovely party. We all had a blast. I drank seven pegs of Ballantine's. The starters were yummilicious. The dinner was really delicious. We all had a lovely adda and also danced to the latest Bollywood numbers. At midnight a special someone wished me Happy New Year on Whatsapp. I was actually hoping against hope for her message. Around 3 a.m. we went to another friend's place in that area to drink tequila shots. After some time we came back to the previous friend's house. My friend was the perfect host. We partied till 5 a.m. Slept over at his place.

2016 was a rocking year. Had a blast throughout the year. Had those usual ups and downs but overall it was a good year. Hopefully 2017 will be equally rocking, if not more. Wishing a very Happy New Year to everybody, especially to the cute little Taimur.

Good Night, or rather Good Morning,
With Love, Kisses, Moonbeams and Rainbows, 
Raj Gaurav Debnath






---

No comments:

Post a Comment