25 January 2017

23rd January 2017 (Monday)

---






My Dear Blog,

Today I woke up around 10 a.m. Around noon a friend came over to my place for lunch. Had a lovely adda with her. We saw the film 'Bose - The Forgotten Hero' on DVD. I really love this film. Shyam Benegal is a great Director. In the year 2005 I had gone to see this film at Nandan with my then girlfriend. I really love the songs 'Aazadi' and 'Ekla Cholo' from this film. The 'Ekla Cholo' song was beautifully sung by Nachiketa Chakraborty and Sonu Nigam. The song was beautifully picturised also in the film. 

In the evening I went to Xavotsav alone. I had two VIP passes for Xavotsav. I asked my friend to come to Xavier's with me but unfortunately she had to go back home for some work. I asked around fifty women on Facebook to accompany me to Xavotsav but they were all busy in one way or the other. Mera toh bad luck hi kharab hai!

Anyways in my heart I kept singing the 'Ekla Cholo' song and went to Xavotsav alone at around 6 p.m. There I went to our alumni room and bought four passes for next Sunday's 'Beyond Barriers' concert. Two for myself and two passes for my most favourite Blogger in this Universe and her husband. This year Farhan Akhtar is coming here at Xavier's to perform. My most favourite Blogger loves Farhan Akhtar to the power of infinity. Therefore I just had to buy passes for her for this concert otherwise it would be like committing a cardinal sin! Last year Asha Bhosle came to perform at 'Beyond Barriers'. At last year's concert I had bumped into a Xaverian girl on whom I had a massive crush back in my College days. It was so nice to suddenly meet her again after almost a decade. 

Anyways today I met most of the old staff members of Xavier's. I really love St. Xavier's College a lot. Its my most favourite place in the whole Universe. Whenever I enter Xavier's, I get surrounded by a sense of peace, calm and nirvana. I do not know why, but this place gives me a sense of belonging here. I am truly, madly, deeply, savagely, hopelessly and helplessly in love with St. Xavier's College.

This time at Xavotsav there were a lot of food stalls. I ate chicken biriyani with a leg-piece from the 'Mughlai-Sughlai' stall. Whenever I eat chicken biriyani, I always ask for the leg-piece. I have a fascination for long yummy legs, both in chicken and in women!

It was so nice to see young boys and girls dancing to the beats of the DJ and having full on masti. It reminded me of my College days. In those days I used to have long hair and I used to wear a hair-band. A few times I also coloured my hair with Loreal. I also used to straighten my hair regularly with Wellastrate. In my College days I also used to wear those spring-loaded ear-studs. And sometimes I used to put kajal in my eyes with Lakme eyeliner pencils. I really loved my metro-sexual look back in those days.

Anyways as I was walking on our huge ground with my hands in my pocket, a sweet cute young girl came to me and started talking to me. Here is how our conversation went :


She : Excuse me, are you Raj Gaurav Debnath?

Me : Yes...


She : Okay... I have read your Blog... You really write very well... I have read all your Blog-Posts... I have seen your pics on Facebook too... 


Me : Okay... Thanks... 


She : I really love the posts on Sundays, Park Street, Calcutta Book Fair, Durga Puja, Calcutta Film Festival... And all your love stories too...


Me : Thanks a lot for reading them... Please post some comments there sometimes...


She : Your love stories are very heart touching... You really have a very colourful and fascinating life...


Me : Ha Ha Ha! Those are all imaginary love stories... Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental... 


She : Oh really?


Me : Hmmmmmmmmm...


She : So you mean to say that those love stories about your imaginary character Rahul never actually happened in your own life?


Me : No Comments! As a writer, my official stance is that all those love stories about Rahul are simply figments of my vivid imagination... As a reader, you can interpret it in any way that you want... 


She : Okay... I understand... By the way, which year did you pass out from Xaviers?


Me : In 2007... Ten years have passed... This is 2017... I still miss my College very very very much...


She : Awwwwww... Once a Xaverian, always a Xaverian... 



Our conversation continued for a long time. We exchanged our numbers and I asked her to send me a friend request on Facebook. We also went and danced together for some time near the stage. She left around 9 p.m. while I stayed back for another hour. I simply did not feel like leaving Xavier's. I wanted to stay back there for the whole night. I also wanted to go back in time to my College days once again. 

Anyways around 10 p.m. I went to Some Place Else. The band 'Anonymous 4' was performing. I met another group of English cricket fans. Later we all went and sat in the lobby and had a lovely adda. I also clicked some selfies there. Came out of Park Hotel around 1 a.m. This time Nurul Bhai drove me home in his taxi...

Good Night,
With Love, Kisses, Moonbeams and Rainbows,
Raj Gaurav Debnath






---

No comments:

Post a Comment