13 January 2013

Vikram Seth

---










Now let me be honest and admit that I have a very short-attention-span and therefore have only glanced through the pages of the novels of Vikram Seth, maybe have read a few pages here and there. 

But I simply love his brand of poetry. I've read almost all his poems and have found them very refreshing. With his insight into the world around us, his poems are like the first morning breeze. You just close your eyes and take it in. An example :

Dubious :
Some Men like Jack and some like Jill
I'm glad I like them both but still
I wonder if this freewheeling
Really is an enlightened thing
Or is its greater scope a sign
Of deviance from some party line
In the strict ranks of Gay or Straight
What is my status : Stray? or Great?











---

No comments:

Post a Comment