6 July 2021

Two Seconds

---






'Henna' released in 1991. I was nine years old back then. I saw the film in VCR at my uncle's house. I really loved the film. It had an unique storyline. The songs were very good. The music was by the great Ravindra Jain. I especially loved the song 'Der Naa Ho Jaye'. This song was really amazing. As a nine year old child I noticed how in the middle of the song, it just stops for two seconds, the camera takes a close up of the faces of Kulbhushan Kharbanda and Reema Lagoo, and then after those precious two seconds Lata Mangeshkar starts singing the part, 'Aaja Ve Mahi Tera Raasta Ho Dekhdiya'. The way this song restarts, first with the music and then with the vocals, after the gap of those two seconds is simply brilliant. Even today whenever I watch this song on Youtube, I always look for the silence of those two seconds...





---

No comments:

Post a Comment