30 July 2021

Toofan & Sarpatta

---






Yesterday I watched two films about boxing. First I watched 'Toofan' on Amazon Prime. It is a nice film and I liked it a lot. I love Farhan Akhtar a lot and whatever he does simply amazes me. The way he speaks, his body language and the honesty in his eyes are really fascinating. This film has been directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra who has given us interesting films like 'Aks', 'Rang De Basanti', 'Delhi 6' and 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'. 'Toofan' is a good film though not an outstanding one. Paresh Rawal and Mohan Agashe are brilliant in the film. Mrunal Thakur looks too cute and has acted really well. The storyline is good and the ups and downs along with the physical configurations in the protagonist's life are interesting. Overall I was happy to watch this film.



The second boxing film that I watched was the Tamil film 'Sarpatta' on Amazon Prime. This film is of epic proportions. This film is fascinating and leaves a lasting impression on the viewer's mind. I was completely blown away by this film. This is a period film set in the year 1975 during the days of the Emergency. All the actors have done a tremendous job. Arya in the protagonist's role is simply awesome and has given a mesmerizing performance. The storyline is amazing and the ups and downs along with the physical configurations in the protagonist's life are brilliant. The set design is too good and it feels that the viewer has been transported back in time to 1975. This movie is a must watch for any film buff.  






---

No comments:

Post a Comment