6 March 2017

25th February 2017 (Saturday)

---







My Dear Blog,

Today I did not go to Office. Instead I went to RCTC. Today we had Calcutta and Bangalore Races. Today's main attraction was The Governor's Cup. Had a lovely day at RCTC. Drank two cans of beer. Ate lots of junk food there too.

Came back home around 7 p.m. Started watching The BFG from 9 p.m. on TV. What a wonderful film by Steven Spielberg! I am a huge fan of Spielberg and I love all his movies. He always leaves his trademark stamp on all his work. My most favourite Spielberg films are Close Encounters of the Third Kind, 1941, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Empire of the Sun, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Munich, Lincoln and Bridge of Spies.

I firmly believe that E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was actually inspired from a script by Satyajit Ray named The Alien which was circulating freely among the Hollywood Studios in the sixties. Ray had based this script on his own short story named Bankubabur Bandhu which he had written for Sandesh in 1962. Its a sad thing that Hollywood ditched and hoodwinked the great and noble Ray. I firmly believe that it was actually Hollywood's loss. Well, ultimately Hollywood had to bow down to Ray's genius...

Good Night,
With Love, Kisses, Moonbeams and Rainbows,
Raj Gaurav Debnath



  

---

No comments:

Post a Comment