29 April 2013

Goynar Baksho

---







Watched GOYNAR BAKSHO at London-Paris Multiplex. A beautiful film and I loved it very very very much. Though missed the company of Someone-Special with whom I had made plans to watch this film more than a month back. Sadly things are different with her now. We have drifted apart. Jaan, if you are reading this, and I know for sure that you are reading my Blog, then please let me tell you that I have missed your presence beside me throughout the entire film. Wish you were there sitting next to me, especially for the last scene. 









The multiplex was practically empty. I actually hate watching films in crowded cinema-halls. Infact I actually hate crowds. I love loneliness and solitude. The problem with crowded halls is that someone's phone keeps on ringing, some other people are constantly chatting, lovers are busy with their subdued but still slightly loud sweet-nothings, some people sitting in front of me have to answer nature's calls and/or phone calls, thus have to leave and again come back, someone else's plastic packet/bag keeps on making weird noises, some other people are chewing chips and/or other snacks too loudly, someone sitting in front is decent enough to keep his/her phone in silent-mode but still is indecent enough to keep on constantly sms-ing and/or facebook-ing and doesn't understand that their phone screen-light is very disturbing for those people sitting behind them, some other very bored/sleepy person deciding to yell out a loud yawn, some other future Asthma, TB, Lung-Cancer patients constantly coughing and clearing their throats, etc etc etc. 

Whether its films or theatre, the audience in Calcutta will never learn to keep their mobile phones in silent/vibration mode. No matter how many times you warn them, someone's phone is bound to ring, with some familiar Nokia-ringtone or the latest Bollywood hits or even the latest Tollywood chartbuster featuring Dev. 

And someone suffering from 'cough and cold' is bound to be present inside the air-conditioned auditorium. Bastard, I know that you are mentally sick, but if you are f*****g physically sick as well, then please stay at home, take rest, have a Doctor come and visit you, take the prescribed medicines on time, wish you a full recovery, may you get well soon; BUT whats the f*****g point in visiting a f*****g cold auditorium while suffering from a f*****g 'cough and cold'? You bird-brained swine, why the f**k are you spreading Bird-Flu and Swine-Flu viruses all around? [Right now I am least bothered about the correct plural of the word virus]. 












Last year on 25th November I saw "Bodonchand Logonchand", "Marich Sangbad", "E-chhey Kusum", "Shunnyo Sudhu Shunnyo Noi" and "Jogonnath" at Academy of Fine Arts. Five plays in one day. A great day dedicated entirely to theatre. And as usual there was that 'cough and cold' patient who kept on disturbing everyone inside the packed auditorium. During "Jogonnath", someone could not take it anymore and thus remarked, "Dada, paashei PG haspatal, natok-er por free tey check-up koriye neben, aapnar jokkhha hoyechhey". PRICELESS. 

And if it is a late-night or a whole-night event, then some people actually sleep and snore. I have seen people sleeping and heard them snoring at Dover Lane Music Conference at Nazrul Manch. As recent as 6th April 2013, I went to watch "Urubhangam" which was performed from 11pm to 5am at Rabindra Sadan and there inspite of four intervals during the course of the play, someone was actually sleeping and snoring.  

Coming back to London-Paris, before the start of the film and also during the interval, there was an ad about 'Kisan Call-centre' where farmers can call and exchange information about crops and other soil-related things. Good concept, but I didn't notice a single farmer sitting inside the multiplex. 

The first half of GOYNAR BAKSHO is very entertaining and the second half is heart-touching. A real gem of a film from Aparna Sen. She had wanted to make this film since the mid-nineties, but had to wait for the right production house. Moushumi Chatterjee as Pishima is at her very best. Loved the bangla-rap scene just after the interval where Paran Bandopadhyay and Pijush Ganguly interrogate Konkona Sen. 










Everyone acted really well and the direction was spotless. I really want to watch this film again. In the second half the plot touched the Bangladesh Liberation Movement. Even in times of War and Revolution, the Power of Love supersedes everything.  The last scene and the way the film ended brought tears to my eyes. Whether it is Mukti-Juddho or the recent Shahbag Movement, the letters of the word LOVE will always be there inside REVOLUTION.  












This is actually true that writing Poetry is therapeutic while suffering from LOVE. Whenever I have fallen in Love with someone, I have always written poems. The poems may be good or bad, but the process of writing them have given me temporary relief from the painful disease called Love. I maybe a dejected Lover, and my Love may never be reciprocated, because honestly I never saw in her eyes the Love for me that she could easily see in my eyes for her, thus maybe even this Love will not be there forever, but the poems will always be there with me. Whenever I miss her, which is almost every moment, I read and re-read the poems that I have written about her. May she always be happy and wish her all the best in Life...












---

No comments:

Post a Comment