1 June 2021

Friends Reunion

---





Recently I watched the Friends Reunion on Zee5. A moment like this makes the human life bearable with so much misery, sorrow and death all around. A moment like this makes you feel that not everything is horrible in this universe. A moment like this makes you drink ambrosia from the cup of Nostalgia.


We first got satellite cable connection in our house in the year 1999. Though my father was dead against it because he was stupid enough to think that satellite TV would ruin his son's education, but I was adamant. I wanted cable TV in our house by hook or by crook. Ultimately I won this battle against my father and finally got cable TV in our house. This opened a whole new door for me, especially a door to explore Hollywood movies and American TV serials. I used to watch almost everything from The Simpsons, Xena Warrior Princess, Boy Meets World, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Small Wonder, Dharma & Greg, Will & Grace, Everybody Loves Raymond, Just Shoot Me, Baywatch, The Bold & The Beautiful, Full House, Frasier, That 70's Show, Nash Bridges, The Mind Of The Married Man etc. And then there was Friends.


I think I have seen every episode of Friends atleast twice. Still I can watch them over and over again. There is a feel good factor attached to each episode and one really connects with the characters. My most favourite character is obviously Joey. He is funny, innocently stupid but has an honest heart. And his most famous dialogue, apart from HOW YOU DOING is JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD! Even one connects with the supporting characters as well. Friends is basically light romantic comedy and one can just watch it simply lazing around. 






Did you know that there was an Indian version of Friends called Hello Friends on Zee TV around 1999? I also did not know about it and just came to know about it recently. Here is how the six Indian friends looked like : 


Simone Singh as Sanjana (Monica)

Aparna Banerjee as Nisha (Rachel)

Maria Goretti as Penny (Phoebe)

Cyrus Broacha as Cyrus (Chandler)

Nikhil Chinapa as Vikram (Ross)

Anil Dimbri as Rahul (Joey)


---

No comments:

Post a Comment