21 May 2021

After Eighteen Years

---





This is an imaginary story. Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. 



It was around the end of April 2021. The second wave of the chinese communist corona virus has hit India very badly. So many people were getting infected every day. So many people were dying every day. So many people were gasping for breath and were running from pillar to post in search of oxygen cylinders. It was a horrible scenario. But India being an "Incredible" country was still busy in religious festivals and election rallies. Some things will never change in India.


Anyways Rahul was lying on his bed and listening to Osho Rajneesh's speeches in Youtube. It was around midnight. Suddenly he received a notification message on Facebook. He opened his Facebook account and was greatly surprised to see that he has got a friend request from his first girlfriend. He had a relationship with her from 2001 to 2003. She is now married to someone else and is now the mother of a cute little boy. She now stays in U.S.A. with her family. Rahul immediately accepted her friend request. Then she sent the following message in Facebook Messenger :


She : Hi. How are you? How are your parents? Hope everyone is in the best of health in these troubled times. 


Rahul : Hello. So far so good. I am fine. My parents are fine too. How are you? How are your parents? How is your hubby? How is your son?


She : Thanks for asking. My parents are fine. My hubby and son are also fine. 


Rahul : Good to hear that. And good to hear from you after eighteen years. 


She : Hmmmm...


Rahul : My best friend recently passed away due to corona. 


She : May His soul rest in peace. 


Rahul : Four people in my office have been infected with corona. Many people in our locality have been infected. Horrible times have come. 


She : Really, horrible times. Are you going to office?


Rahul : No, I have taken a three month holiday. I am staying at home only. Not going out at all. 


She : Good. Please be safe. Why have you shaved off your head? 


Rahul : Well, I thought that since I would stay at home for the next three months therefore I might as well shave off my head. At the end of three months, if I am still alive, then I would have a fresh growth of hair. 


She : Okies...


Rahul : Even last year during the lockdown I had shaved off my head. 


She : Okies...


Rahul : From now on, if I remain alive, then I have decided to shave off my head every summer. The head feels so light and its a heavenly feeling to caress one's hand over one's shaved head. 


She : Ok.


Rahul : One thing I must tell you. Your son is just too cute. And his eyes are just like yours. 


She : Thanks. 


Rahul : Did you miss me in the last eighteen years? 


She : No


Rahul : Ok. Anyways it was nice talking to you after such a long time. Take care. Bye...


She : Bye...


---

No comments:

Post a Comment