14 June 2020

At Park Street After Almost Three Months...

---






I love Park Street. Since the year 2000, I have been going to Park Street almost every week. I just love Park Street like there is no tomorrow. I studied in Class XI and XII in St. Xavier's College from 2000 to 2002. Then I also did my graduation from that College. In those days Music World, Olypub, Barista, Oxford and Some-Place-Else were my most favourite hang-out spots. I have been to all the bars and restaurants in Park Street. Whenever a new place opens there then I usually go to that place within the first week of its opening. But unfortunately for the last three months I could not go to Park Street because of the lockdown. I was feeling really depressed and frustrated because of the fact that I could not visit my favourite Park Street. 






Anyways yesterday, that is 13th June 2020, I finally went to Park Street. From my office I went to Park Street around 2:30 p.m. Saw a horse which was standing alone near the Park Street flyover. The horse looked depressed and suicidal. Did you know that the Park Street flyover is named Swami Dayanand Saraswati Setu? Upon entering Park Street, first I went to Peter Cat restaurant to have my lunch. The usual struggle in Peter Cat is always to choose between chicken sizzler or chelo kabab. Yesterday I chose chelo kabab because the last time I had come to Peter Cat then I had ordered chicken sizzler. Therefore this time it was chelo kabab's turn to enter my stomach. There were few customers inside the restaurant. The food came on my table after some time. It was as usual yummilicious. I also wanted to have alcohol there but the waiter told me that alcohol is no longer being served in any of the restaurants.   



















From Peter Cat I went to Oxford Bookstore. Met a friend of mine there. Had mixed fruit iced tea at the Cha Bar. There were very few people inside Oxford. I clicked some selfies. I roamed throughout the bookstore checking out new and old books. I just love spending time inside Oxford. It was nice to browse through the books in such a less crowded Oxford. Finally I bought the book "Tutti-Frutti On Park Street" by Sayantani Gupta Jafa. The word Park Street on the book cover forced me to buy this book.  


























From Oxford Bookstore I took a walk throughout the length and breadth of Park Street while smoking cigarettes. I walked till the Park Street Police Station and crossed the road there and then again walked till the Park Street Metro Station and again crossed the road there. I clicked some selfies in front of my old College too. It felt so nice to walk on Park Street. Luckily the weather was pleasant too. It was a bit cloudy and a cool breeze was blowing. There was also a probability of rainfall. 





















Some fallen and chopped trees were still lying on the footpath even after so many days of Cyclone Amphan. In some places some wires were also tangled up on the road side. And on some places the footpath was in very bad condition. Park Street looked like it needs a makeover very badly.    



















Then I went to Park Hotel. Only 'The Street' was open inside Park. On the first floor 'The Bridge' was open too. It was so nice to enter the hotel after three months. I have been going regularly to The Park since the year 2000. I have a twenty year relationship with this beautiful hotel. On Saturday nights I used to go to Some-Place-Else and Roxy regularly. Sometimes I used to go to Tantra and Aqua too. I just love Park Hotel. I just love spending time inside Park Hotel.  












From Park Hotel I went to Starbucks. Had coffee there. I did not feel like having coffee after having iced tea but still I drank it because I wanted to spend some time inside Starbucks. I actually wanted to go to Hard Rock Cafe but unfortunately it was closed. Again very few people were inside Starbucks. Usually this place is always full of people, especially on weekends. But yesterday the scenario was different.   

















From Starbucks I took an Uber and came back home around 7:30 p.m. Took a quick shower. From 8 p.m. I saw Anjan Dutta and Neel Dutta's concert on Zoom app which was organized by a event group named 'Carpe Diem'. The father-son duo performed from their home. We had to buy tickets worth 200 rupees to watch their performance. I think this was the first time that Anjan Dutta and his son performed for a virtual concert. Unfortunately the sound quality was very bad. But since I am a huge admirer of Anjan Dutta therefore it was just nice to see him and hear his songs even when the audio was not that good. I am a big fan of Anjan Dutta ever since I heard his first album in the mid nineties. In those days I used to buy all his audio cassettes from the shop named 'Melody' at Rashbehari Avenue. I used to listen to his albums on continuous loops. Now he is almost 67 years old but still he is singing like he used to sing in the nineties. He is an amazing human being. I just love him...   















---

No comments:

Post a Comment