26 June 2020

Again At Park Street

---






Last Saturday, that is 20th June, I again went to Park Street. First I went to Kwality Restaurant. I don't exactly remember when was the last time I had gone to Kwality. I usually go to either Peter Cat or Mocambo in Park Street but now I am thinking that from now on I will go to the less visited restaurants in Park Street. Kwality was almost empty. After I entered a few more customers came inside. I ordered chicken biryani. The food was good but nothing extraordinary. 













Then from Kwality I went to Flurys. There I had a cup of coffee. It felt so nice to enter Flurys after so many months. Flurys was 50% full. It was nice to see customers inside Flurys. I sat near the window and looked at the passing cars and the passing people on Park Street. I really love spending time inside Flurys. Next time I will have their 'All Day Breakfast'. Haven't had that for a long time. I still remember that Flurys had reopened on the Christmas Eve in the year 2004. There was a long queue in front of Flurys that evening. Before that it was closed for quite some time due to renovations. In those days there was 'The Tea Table' also which was diagonally opposite Flurys. Everyone used to call it T3. That was also a nice place to hang out.  
   
























On 22nd June, I went to Apeejay House for some official work around 4 p.m. From there I did not feel like going back to office therefore I went to Cafe 42. This new Cafe is on the balcony of Ilish Restaurant which is on the intersection of Park Street and Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Road. At Cafe 42 I ordered fish kabiraji. The view from the balcony was very nice. This Cafe opens everyday at 4 p.m.   













































From Cafe 42 I took a walk throughout Park Street and smoked a few cigarettes. It was sad to see that my old favourite Olypub is still closed. I am really waiting for Olypub to open again. I feel like having the beef steak and chicken-a-la-kiev at Olypub again. I have been going to Olypub for the last twenty years. I had my life's first beer in Olypub. I have so many fond memories of Olypub. Eagerly waiting for it to open again.  






After the walk, I went to Barista to have coffee. It was nice to enter Barista after so many months. I think Barista had opened in Park Street in the year 2000 or 2001. Previously it was on the other side of the road. There used to be a black Signature acoustic guitar on its wall. The price of coffee started at 50 rupees in those days. I still remember that in the year 2002, me, my first girlfriend and a friend of hers had gone to Barista and we had a lovely time there.   
















After having coffee at Barista I walked till Park Circus and smoked a few more cigarettes. From Arsalan Restaurant I bought a packet of mutton biryani to have it at home. From Arsalan I took an Uber and came back home.   







On 23rd June, I again went to Apeejay House for some official work around 2 p.m. After finishing my work I decided to have lunch at Trincas. There was not even a single customer at Trincas. I was the only one there. I ordered lasagna. The food was tasty. It was sad to see Trincas totally empty. The waiter told me that the live music performances have stopped too. I am really waiting for Trincas to go back to its old form. Since the fifties, Park Street has been the party street of Calcutta with live musical bands and also cabaret shows. Then the evil communists came to power in 1977 and destroyed the party culture of Park Street. All the restaurants were forced to stop their live bands and cabaret shows. Trincas was the only place where the live music did not stop even for a single evening and they showed their middle finger to the bloody communists. But now this evil Corona has forced even the mighty Trincas to stop their live musical performances. From the evil communists to this evil Corona!      


















































































































Yesterday, that is 25th June, I again went to Apeejay House for some official work around 1 p.m. From there I went to Mocambo for lunch. I ordered the Irish Chateaubriand Beef Sizzler. It was yummilicious. It felt awesome to enter Mocambo again after so many months. It was partially crowded. The last time I had gone there, I had ordered Chicken Sizzler so this time I went for beef.  












After lunch I went to my favourite shopkeeper at Park Street and bought a packet of 'Black' cigarettes. I wanted to buy a packet of 'Gudang Garam' but it was out of stock...






---

No comments:

Post a Comment