27 November 2016

27th November 2016 (Sunday)

---





My Dear Blog,

Today I woke up around 8 a.m. Switched on the TV in my bedroom and watched Rangoli on Doordarshan through half-sleepy eyes. Yes, I still watch Rangoli on Doordarshan on Sunday mornings. I have been following this ritual since my childhood days. During those days we only had Doordarshan in our lives. Later on DD-Metro channel came into our lives. Today I have hundreds of channels in my TV but I still have a special place for Doordarshan in my heart. 

Had a cup of tea on my bed. Then ate breakfast on bed too. Went through my favourite comic strip Blondie in Graphiti magazine which comes with The Telegraph newspaper. Also read Calvin and Hobbes there. Browsed through the Robbar magazine which comes with Sangbad Pratidin. I really love this bengali magazine, especially Joy Goswami's column.

Started watching the India-England test match. For me the greatest experience in the world is to watch a test match on a lazy winter Sunday from the first ball to the last. Also switched on my laptop and logged on to Facebook. Uploaded two pictures of mine from the Calcutta Film Festival. Chatted with a few friends. Browsed through some random beautiful female profiles. Sent them friend requests. I am really addicted to Facebook. I can't live without it for a single day. If I am not online on Facebook for two consecutive days then please call the cops!

Had my lunch on bed during the lunch break of the test match. I find Mayanti Langer to be very beautiful and sexy. Anyways throughout the afternoon I watched the match and chatted with friends through Facebook and Whatsapp. During commercial breaks in the test match I like to mute my TV. It gives my ears some much needed rest. I hate watching Hema Malini in the Kent ad and also hate that Ceat ad too. 

It was so nice to see Parthiv Patel back in the Indian team after so many years. I still remember his debut match in England where he was dismissed for a duck. He was such a cute kid back then. Today he batted well for his 42 runs. I was surprised that the English fast bowlers did not welcome him back in international Cricket with bouncers and short deliveries. Kohli batted responsibly. Pujara is in the form of his life. Ashwin has already become a very dependable batsman in test Cricket.

Once the match got over in the evening, then I took a shower. Went to our Lake Gardens CCD to meet a friend. Its just five minutes journey from my home. Had a lovely adda with her over hot coffee and chicken sandwiches. The initial plan was to go to Au Bon Pain at Park Street but I just felt too lazy to go there. Therefore the venue was changed to Lake Gardens CCD. 

Came back home around 8:30 p.m. Had my dinner on bed while watching the news channels. Watched The Jungle Book movie on Star Movies from 9 p.m. for the first time. What a fantastic film! In my childhood days I used to watch The Jungle Book cartoon show religiously on Sunday mornings on Doordarshan. Back then Sunday nights at 9 p.m. meant only one thing and that was Superhit Muqabla. I really miss those days very much. If I have a Time Machine then I would love to go back to those days once again...

Good Night,
With Love, Kisses, Moonbeams and Rainbows, 
Raj Gaurav Debnath 





P.S. : Here is the link to my Blog Post on Sundays.


---

2 comments: