30 June 2021

Poth Gechche Benke

---





The music album 'Poth Gechche Benke' by Krosswindz was released on 1st June 1996 by Sagarika music company. At that time I was fourteen years old. In those childhood days, buying an audio cassette was a luxurious affair in our middle class home. I first bought this audio cassette from Music World at Park Street in the year 2000 when I was eighteen years old. The price of the audio cassette was Rs. 32. At that time I was studying in Class XI in St. Xavier's College. I loved the album immensely. The sound was different. The songs were different from other bangla band songs. The whole feel of the album was different. I listened to it on a loop for days and nights. Here is how the songs were featured in the cassette : 


Side A :

1. Poth Gechey Bekey

2. Koto Durey

3. O Mon

4. Elomelo Hawa



Side B :

1. Ghum Bhangey

2. Kachey Esho

3. Ei Dingulo

4. Obaak 







In Side A my most favourite song was 'O Mon' and in Side B my most favourite song was 'Obaak'. I guess this was the first bangla band album to have an instrumental track. Then once a friend of mine borrowed this cassette from me. She said that she would return it after a few days. But that bitch finally returned it to me after more than a month and only after I repeatedly asked her to do so. After this incident I broke all contact with her and never talked to her again. 


This year is the 25th anniversary of the album. This year is its Silver Jubilee. For the past few weeks I have been repeatedly listening to the songs of this album. I really miss those days around 2000 and 2001 and 2002. I really wish to have a Time Machine so that I could again go back to those days. I really miss the Park Street of those days. I really miss Music World. In those days I used to regularly listen to the albums of Krosswindz, Cactus, Parash Pathar, Abhilasha, Chandrabindoo and Fossils. In those days life was really different. I did not have a mobile phone. Talking to my then girlfriend over landline phone used to cause a lot of problems in my house. I still remember her landline phone number. I finally got a mobile phone in the year 2003. It was Nokia 5100. For network connection the choice was between Airtel and Hutch. I chose Airtel and I am still using that number for the last eighteen years. 'Poth Gechche Benke' is one of my all time favourite bangla music albums. In those days around 2000 I had thought that my life would go in a certain straight way but eventually the course of my life's journey also changed and it took various unknown turns and twists...    





      

---

No comments:

Post a Comment