28 June 2021

Cred Ads

---






These days I am absolutely in love with the new Cred ads featuring Bappi Lahiri, Govinda, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Daler Mehndi, Jackie Shroff, Kumar Sanu, Rahul Dravid, Venkatesh Prasad, Jawagal Srinath, Maninder Singh and Saba Karim. Did I miss anyone? Anyways these ads are extremely funny and innovative. These ads have really touched my heart and tickled my funny bone. Hopefully the makers will make more such creative ads in the future. Its really a delight to watch these Cred ads. And here are my three most favourite ones :


1. Rahul Dravid as Indiranagar Ka Goonda.

2. Kumar Sanu selling Insurance. 

3. Nineties' cricketers in a Boy Band.


From my very childhood I used to watch a lot of TV. My parents used to scold me always for watching too much TV. But I never listened to them. In those days there were only Doordarshan National (DD1) and Doordarshan Metro (DD2). I guess for a brief time there was DD3 also. Anyways I loved watching films and serials and cricket matches on DD. But as a child I hated those commercial breaks. I really hated watching ads on TV. It was such a waste of time. I only liked a few ads, which were funny, but the majority of them were boring, like those ads about detergent powders. I used to think that it would be so nice if we could watch films and serials and cricket matches on TV without commercial breaks. I told my father about it and he said that these ads are sponsoring these films and serials and cricket matches and because of these ads we are all able to enjoy them on TV. Still I thought that it would be really amazing to watch TV without these stupid commercial breaks. I guess I was the first boy to think about OTT platforms! But I am sure other people also must have felt the same. Finally after all these years God listened to people like us and today we actually have OTT platforms where we can watch anything without those stupid commercial breaks.


Here I must add another thing. In the nineties whenever India used to play a cricket match in India, then the stadium used to be over packed with people. However when Ranji matches were played in those same stadiums then they would be practically empty. As a nineties' boy, I used to discuss with my brother and cousins and friends that it would be really nice if some famous foreign cricketers also played for our Ranji teams. It would have been really fascinating to watch Shane Warne play for Bengal and Brian Lara play for Karnataka and maybe Wasim Akram play for Punjab! I used to think that each Ranji team must have atleast three foreign cricketers. In this way the quality of Ranji cricket would have improved and there would have been more people in the stadiums and thus this would have brought in more money. My argument was that if foreign footballers can play in our football teams like Mohun Bagan and East Bengal and if Indian cricketers can go and play in the English County teams then similarly foreign cricketers should be allowed to play in our Ranji teams too. Sadly it never happened. Only years later we now finally have the IPL format which has proved to be a big success...


---

No comments:

Post a Comment