10 December 2019

A Shirt For Goa...

---





There is a story behind this shirt that I am wearing in this picture. Ten years back in December 2009, I was walking in Esplanade with my then girlfriend. We were going to Nahoum's at New Market to have pastries. There at Esplanade I saw this shirt in one of the shops. I immediately told my girlfriend that one must wear this kind of shirt in Goa. I did not even think about it. The words just came out of my mouth automatically. She also agreed with my viewpoint. On the spur of the moment I immediately bought this shirt. I think it was around 300 bucks. I told her that if I ever go to Goa someday then I would definitely wear this shirt there on the beach...

Ten years passed. As any other average Indian, every year I made plans to go to Goa and every year the plans got cancelled. But this year things were different. During the Calcutta Film Festival at Nandan, someone mentioned that this year was the Golden Jubilee of the Goa Film Festival. I immediately made up my mind to go to Goa. I was determined this year. So after ten years of planning I finally landed in Goa on 24th November. And yes, I obviously took this shirt with me and wore it on the beaches of Goa...

PS : My then girlfriend is married to someone else now and has become the mother of a very cute little boy. Sweetheart, if you are reading this then I am sure that you would definitely remember that December afternoon that we spent together at New Market...





---

No comments:

Post a Comment